A new study from a partnership between New American Economy and Wayne County, Michigan (home of Detroit) reveals the dramatic fiscal significance of immigrants.
Findings concluded that immigrants:
- Contributed $10 billion Wayne County’s GDP in 2017
- Paid $736.3 million in federal taxes in 2017
- Paid $345.9 million in state and local taxes in 2017
- Made up 9.4 percent of the area’s population but represented…
- 21.4 percent STEM workers
- 16.7 percent of transportation workers
- 15 percent of manufacturing workers.